Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Snow Flies Today

Winter is here and it is my favorite time of the year for hot tubbing..... I was in my tub this morning and it was great. 3 weeks ago I had a few of the guys over and we sat in my tub from 9pm to 12am. Having a few and trying to solve the worlds problems. Then 2 days later I had a friend of mine and his 3 boys along with me and my son over for an hour dip... The kids really love the tub.

In my last post I mentioned i would give you the low down on the karaoke contest. In August of 2007 There was a Karaoke Contest at our local restaurant/neighborhood hang out Coopers Eagan, MN. This place has been a blast on Friday and Saturday nights Karaoke starts at 10pm both nights. I have to say there is some good talent and some not so good... The karaoke contest lasted for 4 weeks and 2 people could qualify each each Friday and Saturday night. The finals were the end of August and there were 18 people in the finals. It had kind of been the talk of the neighborhood. The 1st 2 nights I sand I did not qualify but, I had one thing going for me. "I NEVER GIVE UP" although one of my friends said I might want to consider giving up. Well I did qualify and and the night of the finals one of the neighbors had a 70's/80's Party and movie for the kids on a projection screen in their back yard. This started at 5pm and the Karaoke Contest started at 11pm. Me and one of my friends from the block John Flannery had been practicing a few days trying to figure out what song we would be singing. I think the final decision wasn't made till the last hour or 2. Well long story short Coopers was packed half of the bar were rooting for either John or me. At the end they were announcing the winner and it come down to a tie between John and Me. So we had to have a sing off. He ended up winning. It was a blast. By the way I did wear my outfit for the 70's party to the Contest, bell bottom jeans platform shoes and all. And we did end up in the hot tub late.

Joe White Singing "Keep Your Hands To Yourself"


See More Videos on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=whdirect

John Singing "Drops of Jupiter"


Congratulations to Dave and Mary Jo Rosenow, Dave is our GM, they are expecting their 1st child this week...Good Luck...

Until next time... Remember "We All Just Want To Be Big Rock Stars" My new Karaoke Song...

Joe